Design for Las Vegas’ Spectacular New “Height of Decadence,” Hyde Bellagio
Grand Prize will win an all expense paid, trip for two to Paris!
“Design ‘N Gather,” the much-heralded, annual global mosaic design competition created by Artaic – Innovative Mosaic and sponsored by Bostik Smart Adhesives, is gearing up for its 2017 edition. The competition welcomes designers and collaborative groups from all disciplines to design on Artaic’s mosaic software, Tylist™. Designers will come up with an unimaginable signature creation, which re-defines mosaic design, for the soon-to-be most highly photographed
and wildly publicized Selfie Studio in the entire world! Based on the amazing success of this past event, Bostik, Artaic and MGM Resorts are vigorously working closely together to take Design ‘N Gather 2017 to an even higher, much more globally-focal level. As an architectural designer, YOU are invited to share in this excitement! And in doing so, have your unique design creation permanently recognized on one of the world’s great new stages.
Overlooking the world-renowned fountains, Hyde Bellagio is a spectacular 10,000 square foot indoor-outdoor nightlife venue, created by sbe Founder/CEO Sam Nazarian in partnership with global design icon Philippe Starck. The nightclub is comprised of Italian marbles, reclaimed woods, opulent chandeliers and glass doors.
The Selfie Studio, the first of its kind, will feature your winning mosaic design permanently produced, installed as an 8’ x 8’ backlit, glass mosaic mural on a prominent wall within Hyde nightclub. This mosaic is destined to be a focal point of this den of grandeur for decades to come.
With thousands of tiles at your fingertips, design the first ever Selfie Studio by capturing Hyde’s grandeur, motif and the vibrancy of Las Vegas! Bellagio’s Hyde is an ostentatious experience, one that is not afraid to experiment
with design and utilize high-impact materials and products. The design should portray the energy, life and essence of Hyde, through narrative and a mosaic art form that goes back beyond the Italian renaissance.
Inspiration At The Source
Bold. Modern. Vibrant. Energetic. Cutting-Edge.
Artaic Tile Palette
Artaic will feature the ⅜” Vitreous Glass tile line and with over 100 colors to choose from, designers and architects can create high level detail within their artwork.
Entrants may use a maximum of 24 colors in each design. All submissions exceeding 24 colors will not be accepted.
The winning mosaic must be designed for an 8′ x 8′ feature wall, and the winning mosaic will be fabricated using Artaic’s robotic manufacturing technology.
Bostik Grout Palette
This glass grout is the only product Artaic uses for backlit tile installations and must used for submissions.
To enter the competition, each mosaic piece must be designed using Artaic’s mosaic software, Tylist™.
Tylist™ enables designers to easily collaborate with the robotic manufacturing systems Artaic provides, easing the creation of modern mosaics by increasing design flexibility, decreasing lead times and reducing costs. For Design ‘N Gather competitors can use the software and create an unlimited range of possibilities.
View The Process
Win A Free Trip To Paris & Major Bragging Rights
Top 10 Finalists
- Personal tour of Artaic facilities with Founder & CEO Ted Acworth, during your next visit to Boston, Massachusetts.
- Decorative sample booklet of your design (approximately 8” x 10”).
- Featured on IneriorDesign.net event slideshow.
- Two tickets for “Design ‘N Gather Event, Hyde Bellagio”.
- Two tickets to MGM’s “Party By The Pool” Event.
Top 3 Finalists
- Free round-trip airfare to HD Expo.
- Plus all of the aforementioned items that the top 10 finalists receive.
- Free trip for two to Paris, France.
- Free trip to HD Expo in Las Vegas (including airfare, hotel and more).
- Major publicity and press coverage at HD Expo.
- The winning mosaic will be permanently installed at Hyde Bellagio’s Selfie Studio and unveiled at “The Design ‘N Gather Event”.
- Free participation, no purchase necessary.
- Registration is required.
- Participation is open to applicants from all design backgrounds including professionals, students and design-enthusiasts.
- Participants must be over 21 years of age and currently reside within the US & Canada.
- Collaboration is encouraged.
- Entries may be submitted by groups, companies, and individuals alike.
- Participants may submit up to 2 designs. Each concept must be submitted as a separate entry.
- All submissions must be received prior to 11:59pm on Friday, March 24, 2017.
- Finalists will be selected by a jury of design professionals, in a blind merit-based judging process.
- View the complete Terms and Conditions.
Designs from the top ten finalists will be on display at the “Bostik Gallery Lounge” at HD Expo, the premier hospitality design trade show. With more than 800 exhibitors and 10,000 attendees looking for new products and inspiration, HD Expo offers a highly visible, lively, and creative space to highlight the winner and finalists of DNG 2017.
The AIA Convention 2017 will be in Orlando this year and is sure to be the architectural design event of the year. The show is a hotspot of activity featuring more than 170,000 square feet of booths, galleries and lounges.